Bernard Sklar/Prentice Hall – Digital Communications: Fundamentals and Applications
- The clear, easy-to-understand introduction to digital communications
- Completely updated coverage of today's most critical technologies
- Step-by-step implementation coverage
- Trellis-coded modulation, fading channels, Reed-Solomon codes, encryption, and more
- Exclusive coverage of maximizing performance with advanced "turbo codes"
"This is a remarkably comprehensive treatment of the field, covering in considerable detail modulation, coding (both source and channel), encryption, multiple access and spread spectrum. It can serve both as an excellent introduction for the graduate student with some background in probability theory or as a valuable reference for the practicing ommunication system engineer. For both communities, the treatment is clear and well presented."
– Andrew Viterbi, The Viterbi Group
Master every key digital communications technology, concept, and technique.
Digital Communications, Second Edition is a thoroughly revised and updated edition of the field's classic, best-selling introduction. With remarkable clarity, Dr. Bernard Sklar introduces every digital communication technology at the heart of today's wireless and Internet revolutions, providing a unified structure and context for understanding them -- all without sacrificing mathematical precision.
Sklar begins by introducing the fundamentals of signals, spectra, formatting, and baseband transmission. Next, he presents practical coverage of virtually every contemporary modulation, coding, and signal processing technique, with numeric examples and step-by-step implementation guidance. Coverage includes:
- Signals and processing steps: from information source through transmitter, channel, receiver, and information sink
- Key tradeoffs: signal-to-noise ratios, probability of error, and bandwidth expenditure
- Trellis-coded modulation and Reed-Solomon codes: what's behind the math
- Synchronization and spread spectrum solutions
- Fading channels: causes, effects, and techniques for withstanding fading
- The first complete how-to guide to turbo codes: squeezing maximum performance out of digital connections
- Implementing encryption with PGP, the de facto industry standard
Whether you're building wireless systems, xDSL, fiber or coax-based services, satellite networks, or Internet infrastructure, Sklar presents the theory and the practical implementation details you need. With nearly 500 illustrations and 300 problems and exercises, there's never been a faster way to master advanced digital communications.
Get Bernard Sklar/Prentice Hall – Digital Communications: Fundamentals and Applications or the other courses from the same one of these categories: eBook, Bernard Sklar/Prentice Hall, Digital, Communication for free on Cloud Share.
Share Course Digital Communications: Fundamentals and Applications, Free Download Digital Communications: Fundamentals and Applications, Digital Communications: Fundamentals and Applications Torrent, Digital Communications: Fundamentals and Applications Download Free, Digital Communications: Fundamentals and Applications Discount, Digital Communications: Fundamentals and Applications Review, Bernard Sklar/Prentice Hall – Digital Communications: Fundamentals and Applications, Digital Communications: Fundamentals and Applications, Bernard Sklar/Prentice Hall.